26 June 2006 - 19:16Success!
In about 5 minutes, my set screw problem was solved.
Not even I could have predicted it would have been as easy as it was.
The non drive side set screw came out easily. The drive side needed a bit more work.
I drilled a hole in it with a sharp, new TiNi coated bit, used plenty of cutting fluid, got the Easy Out in place, and presto! The stripped screw backed right out with minimal fuss.
When originally putting the bike together, I used a ton of Ti antiseize compound, to which I attribute the ease of this operation.
I used 2 tons when I put the new screws in…just in case…