27 January 2010 - 7:51One 9 – Episode IV, A New Hope
Again with the Star Wars.
After the quasi failure of Ridiculite, once again I was hankering for a One 9. The thing that really sent me over the edge was Mandy’s new One 9. It gave me such a rotten case of bike envy…
I call Ridiculite a failure because I had absolutely no interest in the bike. I mean, it was stupid light and all, but it wasn’t what I wanted. I knew that I could have my cake and eat it too if I made some changes, and change it up I did. While it no longer qualifies as Ridiculite, this bike is exactly what I hoped it would be, and you know what, it ain’t all that heavy either.
It’s a lot to look at, but I like it.
Here’s the spec,
- Reba Race, 100mm, Pushloc, Enduro seals
- Cane Creek 110 headset (totally custom – another post coming on this next week)
- Thomson stem and seatpost clamp
- Easton EC70 Monkeylite XC low riser bars and EC90 seatpost
- Ergon GX-2 grips
- WTB Devo saddle
- Avid Elixir 5 brakes, 185mm rotor front, 160mm rear
- Industry 9 wheels, geared rear hub, enduro front, Stan’s Arch rims
- Endless Fibonacci spacer kit
- Boone Ti 20t cog
- King Ti lockring
- SRAM PC891 chain
- Truvative Noir cranks, Black Box Ceramic BB, Boone Ti 32t chainring
- DT Swiss RWS wheel skewers
- WTB Weirewolf LT tires, for “out west” riding
I managed a quick spin on it over the weekend before the heavy rains came to make sure it’s working, and now it’s in a box somewhere heading to SSUSA in Tucson. That first real ride is going to be fun!