28 July 2006 - 3:07Fi-yaaaah!!!
Quite possibly one of the best fires I’ve seen, due to the proximity of my business. 3 doors down.
I just missed the electrical lines crackling and fizzing as they shorted out. It was most excellent.
The smoke was so thick, I had to batten down the hatches.
Everything smells like camp fire. My car, my clothes, the tires in the way back of the shop…
The house, well a total loss.
I would guess that old or faulty wiring is to blame, the house is (was) at least 200 years old, albiet run down.
No one was home, a fist fight broke out while the place burned, and someone was arrested.
All in all, quite an exciting day!